html editors

From: Damon Vaudrey <damon@citinews.net>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:09:31 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

For those of us who don't know html in detail (which would be the
overwhelming majority), we rely on editors such as Microsoft FrontPage,
Macromedia Dreamweaver etc. etc. to do all the work for us. Therefore, I was
shocked to run a check of my site on your service, and see many, many
'errors',  which that leads to the 'Sorry, this document does not validate
as HTML 4.01 Transitional' message at the end.

Does this mean that all these editors are making the code incorrectly? As
this is a little disturbing.

I might add however, that my site appears to view correctly wherever I have
tested it - which leads me to think that your site is just catering for the
elitist, and is not crucial for a site to look fine to the rest of the

Damon Vaudrey
Director - CitiNews