Re: Fonts in validator page

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 06:55:30 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> wrote:

>[...] if the font choices do cause problems, they can just be left
>out. You can use a lot of pretty CSS without having to say anything
>about font-family. Just let everyone get his own default font
>choice.

For the next version, this is exactly what we did. The font-family is now
generic (e.g. "sans-serif") and we ditched a whole lot of *-spacing
properties. Not so much because they aren't needed as because I absolutely
*suck* at typography and layout and would rather leave it to browser
defaults then inflict my impressively inept sense of style on people. :-)

>Then go wild with colors instead...

And the current state doesn't count as going "wild with colors"? :-)

--
Interviewer: "In what language do you write your algorithms?"
    Abigail: English.