Re: Fonts in validator page

From: Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:34:05 +0100
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Christoph Päper:

> Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net>:

> > I don't really think they'll complain, or care, about the looks of
> > the validator.

> "Eye people" aka "non-techies"? Sure they would. Guess why so many
> programs come with skinning capabilities nowadays, because people
> look at the looks first (and some only).

> > I just think the validator would do just fine without CSS.

> Sure it would function fine without, but it would not help to dismiss
> the "pretty webpages are not possible with valid strict [X]HTML"
> grumbles. Actually it even functions without HTML for the results,
> although in beta stage.

I don't really disagree. But if the font choices do cause problems, they
can just be left out. You can use a lot of pretty CSS without having to
say anything about font-family. Just let everyone get his own default
font choice. Then go wild with colors instead...

--
Bertilo Wennergren <bertilow@gmx.net> <http://www.bertilow.com>