Re: says it's valid, but it isn't even well-formed

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 18:22:55 +0000 (GMT)
To: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
cc: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Tobias Reif wrote:

> I'm looking forward to when a real XML validator will be used.

:-)

> It would be best if several choices would be offered to the user:

I'm not sure about that.  For most users, surely the inner workings
are of little relevance?  Those who know or care about the difference
are likely to be well able to run the tools locally.

>    * Xerces-C (eg DOMCount or other Xerces-based)
>    * Xerces-J

Xerces has (AFAIK) the most complete support for XML validation of
any (free) software, and is the basis for the forthcoming service
as well as the existing service at http://valet.webthing.com/ .

--
Nick Kew