Re: Link Checker Not Following Redirect (or some other problem?)

On Friday 06 December 2002 05:52 pm, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> This logic seems to work as such.  But note that the rewrite rules snip
> the fragment from the redirect URIs [1], [2].  I don't know if this is
> ok.  And if the fragments were in the redirect URIs, would
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xmldsig-core-20020212/xmldsig-core-schema.
>xsd#sha1> make any sense?

I dont' know if they're snipped (in your case), or if clients don't send
them. Regardless, my undestanding is that the fragment identifier is the
client's responsibility. Some browsers handles this well, most don't.
http://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/ietf/http/draft-bos-http-redirect-00.txt