Re: pls change main validator form back to GET

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 12:40:47 +0900
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>

On Thursday, Dec 5, 2002, at 10:24 Asia/Tokyo, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> As a result, I think the most reasonable solution is simply to move
> the "upload" form to a specific page, and leave only URI-based
> validation forms in both the homepage and detailed.html.

Small update : after discussion on the IRC channel (we analysed the
logs to see that file upload was not so marginal - I stand corrected -)
we've come up with the current homepage design:
- two forms, but separated by explanatory text, which should hopefully
make things usable and not too confusing.
- GET/POST friendly
- The detailed interfaces remain separated.

Still not perfect but hopefully better.
If you have suggestions on how to improve this interface, please send
them in.

Thanks to Terje Bless for analysing the logs with me, and to Nick Kew
for his interface suggestions.

--
Olivier