Serving XHTML as application/xhtml+xml [was: flakey charset detection]

Le mer 04/12/2002 à 23:20, Ian Hickson a écrit :
> Few people, very, VERY few people, have ever done the transition from
> XHTML-as-text/html to XHTML-as-application/xhtml+xml. The only cases I
> know of are www.xiven.com and www.diveintomark.org; they both hit a number
> of problems despite both being experienced Web developers.

FWIW, I've documented a tip to serve XHTML as application/xhtml+xml for
most user agents, while serving it as text/html for those not supporting
it.
"Serving XHTML as application/xhtml+xml for XHTML aware browsers,
	text/html for others"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2002Dec/0005.html

It's still experimental, but seems to work OK on my personal web site.

Dom
W3C/INRIA
mailto:dom@w3.org