Re: Multiple xml declaration

From: Henri Fallon <henri@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 22:05:12 -0500
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 03:51:17AM +0100, Terje Bless wrote:
> Note that, AFAICT, what you have there is _not_ extraneous "XML
> Declarations"! There can be only one such and the grammar restricts where
> in the document it may appear. The later instances are merely generic
> Processing Instructions with the target "xml".

If I get you well, you are saying that those lines are not to be called
"XML Declarations".

My question was more whether they are supposed to be there are not :

if not, should it be considered as a bug that the validator doesn't spot it ?
if they're not invalid, should the validator issue a warning ?

I have not invented this bug, I actually had it on my home website where
I had many xml processed through an xslt parser and had them everywhere.

Thanks for your clarification.
--
Henri Fallon - W3C Webmaster
MIT Room NE43-340    Tel:617-258-8143