Re: Link colour in CSS: .invalid a

From: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:14:33 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Douglas Livingstone <lists@redmelon.net>

Douglas Livingstone <lists@redmelon.net> wrote:

>For me, these two colours do not contrast well enough in:
>
>http://validator.w3.org/results.css
>
>.invalid   {background:  #880531}
>.invalid a {color: blue}
>
>I recommend "color: blue;" be given a background, such as:
>"background-color: silver;" or some other way to add contrast.
>(lighter text for example)

Is a lighter shade of blue sufficient to make this text comfortably
readable to you or is blue text on red(ish) background a problem in
general?

I would prefer to not add a background color to just the link in that
header (for ęstethic reasons), but obviously readability must come first.

Thanks for letting us know about this!