Re: pls change main validator form back to GET

Hmm, no answer, I guess I should be clearer...

On Monday, Dec 2, 2002, at 18:02 Asia/Tokyo, Olivier Thereaux wrote:
> As a result I tend to agree that (even if it goes against usability)
> we should switch back to using POST for uploaded documents and GET for
> online ones.
>
> We've been informed of a small packaging issue with 0.6.1, that makes
> two reasons to release a 0.6.2 within a few days... If everyone is
> happy with this. Should anyone disagree (or, as a matter of fact,
> agree), I do welcome opinions... but, as usual, it's better if it's
> done in a friendly manner, not overlooking smilies, etc.

That was a semi-explicit request for feeback, *not* an arbitrary
decision :)

I would really like people on this list to discuss the alternative
we're facing:
1 - "strict" POST/GET with two forms
2 - the hybrid system we have in 0.6.1, with one form (POST), and the
POST request is redirected to a GET request should the POST be
non-necessary.

Strictly speaking these are two interpretations of the HTTP methods,
and I do invite people to go and have a look at sections 9.3 and 9.5 of
the spec
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.3
http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec9.html#sec9.5

"morceaux choisis" :
[[Post is designed [...] Providing a block of data, such as the result
of submitting a
         form, to a data-handling process;]]
[[ The GET method means retrieve whatever information (in the form of
an entity) is identified by the Request-URI]]

I'm certain we can have a cool-headed discussion among smart people,
and reach consensus (remember, W3C is a consensus based org?)...

Thank you.

--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org