Re: Validation results page

From: Olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 07:10:13 +0900
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: "Philip Metz" <Philip.Metz@mbs.gov.on.ca>

Hello Philip.

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 03:40 Asia/Tokyo, Philip Metz wrote:
> I like your new validation results page
> (http://validator.w3.org/check). However, it doesn't display the
> filename.

Are you sure? The default result page says something like " The
document located at <http://www.w3.org/QA/>  was checked and found to
be valid". Is that not what you need? You may also want to try the
"verbose output" added in the dec. 01 maintenance release.

> Also, the page source, outline and parse tree are not shown, even if
> requested. These options were very useful at times and if you could
> restore them it would be much appreciated.

They were actually restored in the same dec. 01 release. From the
"default" result page you can access those by clicking on the "verbose
output" link, or you can directly use the extended interface.

Does this answer your concern?

--
Olivier Thereaux - W3C - QA : http://www.w3.org/QA/
http://www.w3.org/People/olivier | http://yoda.zoy.org