Re: information

From: Lloyd Wood <l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 13:04:12 +0000 (GMT)
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, Maria Blasini <mariaannacarmina.blasini@istruzione.it>

On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Terje Bless wrote:

> Maria Blasini <mariaannacarmina.blasini@istruzione.it> wrote:
>
> >Sorry, I'm the webmaster of the web site of my school. My problem is the
> >English language. I wish our site is an accesibily web, but I don't
> >understood your explanations. There is something in italian language
> >that you know? I am not an html planner, but I use an html editor.
>
> I am sorry, but I do not speak Italian so I do not know of any good
> resources in that language. Perhaps one of the other subscribers on this
> mailinglist can suggest some good resources for you?
>
> The language of the error messages reported by the Validator Service is
> hard to understand even for native English speakers, but we try as best we
> can to explain them. So if there is any message in particular that you find
> difficult to understand, we might try to help you with that.
>
> But I am afraid a full Italian translation is out of the question for the
> near term. We simply do not have the resources for that.

Google simply requested language translator volunteers...
http://services.google.com/tc/Welcome.html

Perhaps kicking it off by translating into one language (that a
validator developer is a native speaker of) and then asking for
volunteers for others would be enough to get the ball rolling?

(alas, this presumes that exiting english messages are
adequate/stable/worth translating.)

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@ee.surrey.ac.uk>