Re: information

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 18:41:52 +0000 (GMT)
To: Lloyd Wood <l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk>
cc: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, Maria Blasini <mariaannacarmina.blasini@istruzione.it>

On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Lloyd Wood wrote:

> On Sat, 30 Nov 2002, Terje Bless wrote:
>
> > Maria Blasini <mariaannacarmina.blasini@istruzione.it> wrote:
> >
> > >Sorry, I'm the webmaster of the web site of my school. My problem is the
> > >English language. I wish our site is an accesibily web, but I don't
> > >understood your explanations. There is something in italian language
> > >that you know? I am not an html planner, but I use an html editor.

Non so nulla.  Ma se Lei cerca nelle pagine italiane su Google,
forse trova qualcosa?

> Google simply requested language translator volunteers...
> http://services.google.com/tc/Welcome.html
>
> Perhaps kicking it off by translating into one language (that a
> validator developer is a native speaker of) and then asking for
> volunteers for others would be enough to get the ball rolling?

We've been looking into this since Maria's post.  There are two
parts to it: messages from the OpenSP parser, and messages from
the validator itself.  OpenSP already has the framework for i18n
and translations to .de, .dv and .jp, but alas not .it, so for
that we'll need someone to do the translation as well as
figuring out how to implement it on the web.

Watch this space!

--
Nick Kew