Re: problem with validator

From: Thanasis Kinias <tkinias@optimalco.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 08:59:30 -0700
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>
Cc: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, "Lee A. Jones" <lee@archid.co.uk>

scripsit Terje Bless:
> The error reporting is clearly on the fritz here though. First of all that
> column number is off by about 380 characters (I think I have a patch for
> this sitting around somewhere). More importantly though, it looks like we
> have something strange going on with the charset and doctype overrides. The
> same results should be reported in both cases.

Rechecking, it's just the DOCTYPE override that influences it.  Setting
an ISO-8859-1 charset override (for me) makes no difference.

Thanasis Kinias
Web Developer, Information Technology
Graduate Student, Department of History
Arizona State University
Tempe, Arizona, U.S.A.

Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul