XHTML with namespaces enabled?

From: Alexander J. Vincent <ajvincent@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 19:07:49 -0700
To: www-validator@w3.org
Some time ago, I posted a message to the HTML WG mailing list regarding a
namespaces-enabled XHTML 1.1 minimal document.  I specifically remember the
Validator service returning the document as valid XML, but not checking it
for validity as XHTML.  I personally had a conceptual question about the
subject, so I asked.  I received this response:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2002Feb/0007.html

I apologize for taking so long to bring it to the Validator service's
attention.  However, I feel this is something worth taking a look at in the
Validator.

Very Respectfully Yours,

Alex Vincent
Vallejo, CA