Re: Validating HTML2.0

At 17:03 2002/04/07, Kai Lahmann wrote:
>hi
>which DOCTYLE does the Validator accept for HTML 2.0 ?
><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> << set is I set it
>manually (!) in the Validator gives error
><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> << also Error

Kai,

I think that the DOCTYPE syntax requires specification of the URI (quoted)
of the DTD file following the name of the DTD.

Apparently W3C used to have one online, but it has been archived to the
point where I can't get Google to find it. You might be able to steal one
out of the spec, though:
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_9.html#SEC9