Re: Validator support for MathML embedded in XHTML

Hi,

Michael Bowen <fizzbowen@mindspring.com> wrote:

> At 00:32 2002/04/01, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:
>
> >BTW, it seems the validator has (known) problems with parsing
> >the entities in "mmlextra.ent".  "mmlextra.ent" includes a bunch
> >of character entities beyond U+FFFF, which nsgmls doesn't support
> >yet.
>
> Is this bug the cause of the new error messages I'm getting (with line
> numbers that vastly exceed the number of lines in my source file)?

I think so, see:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-math/2002Jan/0003

> If it is, and if this is the only error message I get, should I consider my
> document as effectively validated? The URI of the current document version
> is  http://www.oxnardcc.org/~mbowen/answers/sf5ch01test2.htm, in case you
> would like to see for yourself.

Actually there are other errors in your document, for example,
the align attribute is not allowed on the div element in XHTML 1.1
plus MathML 2.0 DTD.  You could try more conformant XML processors
like Xerces-J or Xerces-C++.

And, I still wish the validator could support 'application/xhtml+xml'
as soon as possible ... it's important to correctly support XHTML+MathML
documents.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org