Re: Validator support for MathML embedded in XHTML

Masayasu,

Thank you for this very good advice. I got rid of all the old error
messages, :->
but now a new crop came up (details a little farther below). :-<

By the way, Klaus Bosse (in the WWW-math group) tells me that there is a
bug in the IE-XML-Parser that causes IE to choke (it refuses to render)
when using the Universal MathML stylesheet, so I decided not to incorporate
this for the time being, even though I would like to. (My target audience
largely uses IE.)
At 00:32 2002/04/01, Masayasu Ishikawa wrote:

>BTW, it seems the validator has (known) problems with parsing
>the entities in "mmlextra.ent".  "mmlextra.ent" includes a bunch
>of character entities beyond U+FFFF, which nsgmls doesn't support
>yet.

Is this bug the cause of the new error messages I'm getting (with line
numbers that vastly exceed the number of lines in my source file)?

Here's a sample error message (one of about a hundred similar ones in the
validator output):

===== <sample_error_message> =====

Line 8185, column 30:

                                 ^
Error: "1D51E" is not a character number in the document character set

===== </sample_error_message> =====

If it is, and if this is the only error message I get, should I consider my
document as effectively validated? The URI of the current document version
is  http://www.oxnardcc.org/~mbowen/answers/sf5ch01test2.htm, in case you
would like to see for yourself.

--MB