Re: --->Please make sure you specified the DOCTYPE properly

From: <grandane@grandane.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2001 15:26:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
All my pages have "No errors found!" but advising... "This document
_would_ validate as the document type specified if
updated  to match the Options used. "  This also now applies to pages I
had previously validated same week _before_ the validator new format, at
which time they validated fully, but apparently not now?

I changed my Doctype to version prescribed on W3 site to:

            "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">

also added suggested meta tag under HTML example as follows:
but still get same results.

This is my second attempt at writing to this address on this subject,
but apparently was not posted, am hoping I will be more successful this
time around.

Please help if possible, many thanks.

Pat Greenfield