W3C Validator for uploading files

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 14:30:39 -0500
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: raabe@kde.org
(cced to www-validator, a publicly archived list)

> <frerich> hello
> <frerich> Is this the right place to express wishlist items for
> the W3C validator? :-)
> * frerich is a KDE/Konqueror developer and would like to
> implement a 'Validate this file' feature for local files (which
> would then upload that file to the validator). The problem is
> that I don't see how to pass the file to the validator :-)

Sorry I wasn't around to answer your question on the IRC
channel. This sounds like a great idea, is it not possible using
the "upload file" mechanism on the validator:

http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html

I think this should let you do just about all you need.

Feel free to send more questions to www-validator if you need help,

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |           Blogspace
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://blogspace.com/about/>