Re: Validator (CVS 7-10)

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2001 12:32:18 +0200
To: Coen Rosdorff <coen@rosdorff.dyndns.org>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
* Coen Rosdorff wrote:
>Just pulled the validator from CVS.
>The includes in index.html didn't worked until I changed it's name to
>.shtml.
>
>It's not mentioned in the sample http.conf that also .html should be
>handled as server-parsed.
>
>I think all the names should be changed to .shtml.

No, if it's HTML, name it .html (however, URIs should not carry file
name extensions...) otherwise you have to rename it again if you do not
use SSI any longer or switch to PHP or something like that. Additionally
users have a harder job to remember whether it was .html, .htm, .shtml,
etc.pp. thus naming SSI files .shtml is a very bad idea.