Re: Validation: The Holy Grail

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 09:59:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Jim Ley wrote:

> Nick Kew:
> >Looking for comments on the new prototype tool at
> ><URL:http://valet.webthing.com/xslt/val.html>
>
> How stable is the XML output, it appears to contain everything I need for
> that we've discussed recently, and if it's stable, I'll build an
> interface around it.  It looks very good as is of course!

Jim,

Sorry to be so long replying: the answer to that one isn't easy!

But I guess now that it's running at Page Valet, what you see there
should be fairly stable.  The core elements
<sp:report>, <sp:element>, <sp:attribute>, <sp:message>
are pretty fundamental and represent a very natural structure,
and are here to stay, as is <valet:docinfo>.

If you want to build on it, let me know, and I'll give due notice of
any changes, so you can shout if they'd break anything.  Or if necessary
I'll do something like <http://valet.webthing.com/xslt/20011027.html>.

--
Nick Kew