Re: Validation: The Holy Grail

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:25:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: "Ushakov, Sergey N" <ushakov@int.com.ru>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
On Tue, 20 Nov 2001, Ushakov, Sergey N wrote:

> Sorry, Nick.
>
> I tried to validate the following URL:
> http://www.chemitech.spb.ru/index.html as both XML and HTML and got an
> almost empty result page with just words "Site Valet -> Report" besides
> headlines and logos.

and

> Parser 3.0 SP2)? BTW, the mentioned page is in Russian.

Thanks for the report.  I'll look at what's happening (possibly it's
failing to support your character set or some such error, in which
case it should of course at least give you a sensible error message,
or preferably be fixed).

This *is* an experimental prototype and should be seen more as
proof-of-concept than a live service.  Please keep the bug
reports coming!

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>