Re: [OpenJade-devel] Re: Any C++ programmers around? (was: Unix --> NT (source code stuff))

From: Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2001 11:02:48 -0500
To: openjade-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Cc: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>, W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>, Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Terje Bless <link@tss.no> writes:

> >>SP_CHARSET_FIXED, and SP_ENCODING. In particular, SP_CHARSET_FIXED and
> >>SP_ENCODING are "magical" in that they are necessary to enable XML mode.
> >
> >Hmm.  I find that XML mode works pretty well without those.  But maybe
> >I haven't looked deeply enough.  Can someone enlighten me.
>
> According to the docs from the jclark days you _must_ set SP_CHARSET_FIXED
> to "YES" (or Boolean "True", I suspect) and SP_ENCODING to "UTF-8" to
> enable XML mode.

Um, well, its SP_ENCODING=XML actually.

I think this is some sort of XML + i18n thing.  I can validate ASCII
XML anyhow perfectly well w/o these settings.

> >Oh, I pointed out in my last email that DTDDECL in your SGML open
> >catalogs will fix this. We ship a lot of DTDs in Debian this way (but
> >I had to hack Jade for Debian so Jade wouldn't bitch about the Jade
> >non-supported directive).
>
> What, Debian doesn't use OpenJade? :-)

Debian doesn't "use" anything per se.  We're not a corporate behemoth,
just a collection of hackers.  Of course the newest distro provides
both Jade and OpenJade.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>