Re: Buffer overflow bug in Validator?

On 29.06.01 at 13:05, Christian Wolfgang Hujer <christian@hujer.com> wrote:

>I got a reproducable 500 internal server error from the validator when
>validating the result one of my perl scripts produced. It contained a long
>long single line (physical ASCII/UTF-8 line) with more than 240000
>characters resp. bytes (without those unneccessary SP, CR or LF). (Of
>course this is not a usual html page delivered to the end user, it's just
>for administration of an encyclopedia). If you want to, I can send you the
>generated html.

Please. Could you put up a (g)zipped version somewhere I could fetch it?
You could mail it to me, but if it's insanely large I prefer to get it with
HTTP/FTP. We shouldn't have any arbitrary limits on line-lengths, but one
of our underlying libraries may have. I'll need to do some debugging on
sample data to find out so that sample file would be really helpfull.

>Second, a question: Will there be icons for XHTML 1.1 and XHTML Basic?

Yes. :-)