Buffer overflow bug in Validator?

From: Christian Wolfgang Hujer <christian@hujer.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:05:18 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hello dear W3 Validator,

I think I have found a bug in the validator or perhaps the underlaying
software.
I got a reproducable 500 internal server error from the validator when
validating the result one of my perl scripts produced. It contained a long
long single line (physical ASCII/UTF-8 line) with more than 240000
characters resp. bytes (without those unneccessary SP, CR or LF). (Of course
this is not a usual html page delivered to the end user, it's just for
administration of an encyclopedia).
If you want to, I can send you the generated html. It is not available
online anymore because I wanted to use the validator and therefore changed
my perl script to include line breaks.

Second, a question: Will there be icons for XHTML 1.1 and XHTML Basic?

Greetings

Christian Hujer