Re: Uh oh! I got the following unknown error:

Terje Bless wrote:

> On 22.06.01 at 18:16, Mike Kendall <mvkendall@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>
>> Just got a new source tree and get an error validating the test case [...]
>> «"402" is not a character number in the document character set»
>

> That looks like a b0rken DTD or a b0rken SGML Parser. Since it's somewhat
> unlikely that the DTD should get corrupted when the rest of your install
> seems fine, I'd shoot at the SGML Parser.

I agree. Can't see it being anything else but the SGML Parser. I am currently
running RH 7.1 (2.4.2-2) with the sgml stuff that comes with that.  Previous
source of the validator were on 6.2 and all was well

Now I have downloaded the versions as you suggested but
they all fail with the messages like
../include/Message.h:134 `class Messenger` is inaccessible
nsgml.cxx:62: within this context

-M