validator feedback

From: Stephanie Booth <steph@climbtothestars.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:43:32 -0400 (EDT)
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Hi,

The link to "explanation" on validation errors is a great idea. It
would also be very useful if the "explanation" page provided links to
the recommendation for immediate problem look-up.

I know the xhtml and html4 urls by heart (http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/
etc), but if the object of the validator is to encourage more people
to care about valid code, maybe it could be a useful addition? I've
often seen questions on mailing lists which look like "my page doesn't
validate, where can I find the information" - and which just need the
simple reply "look in the w3c spec".

I'm perfectly aware that there is a link to the spec on the "actual"
validation page, but it isn't obvious enough as a source of
information. I think a link on the "explanation" page would be more
"practical" for a lot of people.

Just a suggestion!

Regards,

Stephanie