Re: Producing an XML report from the validator

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 10:14:07 -0700
To: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Cc: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>, Christian Smith <csmith@barebones.com>, Esmond Walshe <esmond.walshe@eeng.dcu.ie>, www-validator@w3.org
At 10:11 AM 6/13/2001 , Terje Bless wrote:
>However, EARL looks to be a bit immature yet; not to mention utter overkill
>for this purpose. Once I grok Notation3 I'll take another look. :-)

Well, it's probably overkill for -this- purpose, but when you consider
the ability to combine a number of purposes using a common framework,
it makes a lot of sense.

Now, mind you, I barely grok RDF myself and Notation3 is beyond me.  I
support EARL in theory, but in practice I suspect I am more lost than
you. ;)  But the theory is good, and there are brilliant people
working on this, so I am all for further development of EARL and I don't
feel bad in trying to proselytize for its use!

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>                http://kynn.com/
Technical Developer Liaison, Reef             http://www.reef.com/