Re: Producing an XML report from the validator

On 13.06.01 at 17:25, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com> wrote:

>Yes.  Now the interesting bit is to define our suitable XML format.

If anyone has any ideas I'd _love_ to see them!

>My existing system is just based on parsing SP messages directly
>into an XML <message ...> element, but hasn't been thought through
>any better than that.

<error line="1" char="1">Missing DOCTYPE at start...</error>

With some suitable prolog and possibly an "uri" attribute to a definition
of the error or a help text for it?

Does it make sense to specify an external subset entity (DTD?) or should
the results be standalone?

>Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
><URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>

Yes, do check out Nick's Valet tools; they're top notch!