How do I validate an XHTML+SMIL document?

From: Peter K. Sheerin <pete@petesguide.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 16:21:20 -0700
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
I'm experimenting with XHTML+SMIL, as it works in IE 5.5/6 on Windows, and have it working, somewhat:

http://www.cadenceweb.com/templates/goldSMIL.html

But I can't get the page to validate. Obviously the standard XHTML Transitional won't let it validate, because it complains about the various bits of "t:":

Line 4, column 14:
                ^
Error: there is no attribute "xmlns:t" for this element (in this HTML version)
I tried attaching the DOCTYPE from the HTML+SMIL draft, and it failed even worse, complaining that it didn't recognize the doctype at all:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML+SMIL //EN"
          "htmlplussmil.dtd">

Is there a way to get such a page to validate?