Re: Flagging & in URL in HTML 4.01 transitional type.

From: Jim Correia <correia@barebones.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 13:18:32 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
On 1:12 PM 6/8/01 Lloyd Wood <l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk> wrote:

> In which case, you moan at the browser writer for not insisting on
> the trailing semicolon of &copy;, or for trying to pass an unescaped
> copyright symbol in a GET request.

Why would you moan at the browser writer for adhering to the standard?
The trailing ; is optional.  You may not like it (I don't like all the
optional bits in HTML/SGML that can be inferred - better to be explicit)
but that is the way it is.

Jim

--
Jim Correia                                Bare Bones Software, Inc.
correia@barebones.com                     <http://web.barebones.com>