Why Are certain META Tags Being Ignored?

From: SDJThorin <sdjthorin@wyldeside.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 18:57:00 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi all,

I was just wondering why META tags like:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Script-Type" CONTENT="text/javascript;">

are being ignored by the HTML Validation Service?

For example see:

I only ever use one type of scripting language on a page and I
followed the standard as described at:

See "18.2.2 Specifying the scripting language" for exact details.

If the validator did acknowledge this META tag then my page would
be a valid HTML 4.0 Transitional document.

	& Web Designer