Re: Shaming compaines into improving their HTML

From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:58:44 -0700
To: Terje Bless <link@pobox.com>, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
At 9:34 PM +0200 2001/7/23, Terje Bless wrote:
>Not really. The indexing is already pretty resource intensive -- though
>probably not CPU bound -- so running it through SP is within limits of
>sanity. Good luck trying to convince them though; cluefull as the Google
>guys are, I sincerely doubt you'll be able to sell this to them... :-(

I don't see the value add for their users, especially when you consider
that most of them are NOT using HTML-specification-compliant web
browsers.  So what is the value?   Why would the end user really
care one way or another?

No reason for Google to do this; it's not a matter of clue, it's a matter
of customer value.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>