Re: A trailing dash in a domain name makes validator fail?

From: Diman Grozny <evil1@hotbox.ru>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 14:23:17 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
> Well, It's a bad host name, see RFC 1034, RFC 1123 and RFC 2396, they
> must not start or end with a dash.

Thank you, everyone, for clarifying that. That's our fault!
Now, I guess I'll have to copy the site to somewhere else to have its
contents validated.
Just a thought: It seems that a site with a "bad hostname" has no chance of
getting validated, and that seems a bit unfair.. the guy who created the
site would really prefer to stick with the "bad" hostname. Wouldn't it be
nice to somehow avoid checking the very URL being validated, or get a
warning instead of getting rejected altogether? I think every site should
"have a right" to be validated, even the ones with a bad URL.. Well, if
that's not worth it, that's fine with me..
Again, thanks for clarifying the problem!