Re: xhtml 1.1 logo

On 02.07.01 at 07:46, Tonio <ab@artful.net> wrote:

>Just had a little time to spend, so there I went making tiny changes
>to the xhtml 1.0 logo, changing the 0 to a 1.
>
>If this can help & be integreated to the validator...

Thank you for contributing this! We are using it internally in development
versions while we wait for official versions from the pixel-pinchers. I
suspect they are a bit busy preparing for various upcoming conferences, so
if they don't manage to come up with something in time for our next
release, you can brag that you did the badges for XHTML 1.1. :-)

DICLAIMER: I wouldn't reccomend using that for advertizing your graphic
           design firm or similar activities though. I suspect W3C legal
           would have collective apoplexy and jump on both you and me if
           you did that. Lawyers... Sheesh! :-|

           Seriously, though, W3C Copyright and Legal Policy is available
           on the web. And while it does allow for using the badges for
           asserting compliance with the relevant W3C Reccomendation,
           it does _not_ generally allow you to use W3C Material or
           Logo in promotional material unless you are a W3C Member.

Above disclaimer motivated by a previous, non-related, run-in with the
Copyright police at a place I did contract work a few years back. :-(