RE: CVS information

Terje Bless wrote:

> >For future reference, my question is, is the output from 'cvs
> diff' useful
> >for contributing patches?
>
> Yes!

OK, I was using 'cvs diff check' in the CWD and the output was lookigna
little Spartan; I guess adding the '-u' switch looks slightly more like what
I was seeing in the patch examples...

> extensive CVS info ...

Thanks for the info; I'll try to digest it as much as possible; the
development work I HAVE done has had little or no versioning capabilities,
(except for some IBM VisualAge for Smalltalk work several years ago, but the
VA implementation was shoddy at best), so I'll need to work on wrapping my
brain around the concepts.  But thanks again for pointing me in the right
direction...

> *ding* Aha! _Now_ I know where I know you from! You're the Brian Gilkison
> from over in the Perl end of the world, right? That would explain it;
> you're ruined by Perforce! :-)

?!?!?  You mean there's another me floating around?  Sorry, that's not me...
Up until a year or two ago, plugging 'Gilkison' or 'Brian Gilkison' into a
decent search engine always turned up my genealogy pages; but I just tried
it on Google, and I see a lot more now...  Plus, I think if I were from the
'Perl end of the world', I wouldn't be having these questions or problems!
:)