Re: Table Validation

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:10:09 +0000 (GMT)
To: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Tue, 27 Feb 2001, Terje Bless wrote:

>	Slippery slope!

IMO the slippery slope only starts when a document that would *fail*
validation to any appropriate W3C standard *passes* validation to
a custom DTD.

Merely requiring some closing tags that W3C makes optional doesn't cause
you to cross that threshold.  So I stand by my comment: the original
questioner can accomplish what he asked for without losing formal
validation.

BTW: All the Site Valet pages, and most of my other more recent work,
validate both to W3C HTML Strict and to the WDG DTD.  It's really very
easy provided you're not tied into HTML-incompatible tools.

--
Nick Kew

Is your site a lawsuit waiting to happen?
See <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/intranet/> before it's too late.