Re: Problem with your HTML validation service and XML

On 21.02.01 at 17:50, Morten M. Christensen <mmc@navigosystems.com> wrote:

>validating Transitional HTML documents that are well formed,

A HTML document is never Well Formed until you move to XHTML. You are
mixing concepts from two different standards. HTML will be "Valid" or
"Invalid"; XHTML may be "Well Formed", "Well Formed but Invalid", or "Well
Formed and Valid".

>This is really annoying, since this makes it impossible to have a proven
>valid Transitional HTML file which is also XML ready

Yes, this is impossible. However, you _can_ use XHTML Transitional to
achieve a similar effect.

>BTW: I can not use XHTML yet, because your other XHTML validator will fail
>on some width, height attributes that I am using to keep compatibility
>with old browsers.

Which "XHTML Validator" would that be? What URL is it performing
erroneously with?