From: wong yenchin [mailto:galilee5@hotmail.com]
Sent: 23 February 2001 09:52
To: www-talk@w3.org; xml-dev@xml.org; html-tidy@w3.org;
www-validator@w3.org; www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: ANN: Information Validation (check.theinfo.org)

I am trying to validate my homepage using the W3C HTML Validator. Below is
my html source codes :

<head>
<title>New Page 1</title>
Dynasty, IKEA">
webpages">
</head>

The following is the error reported by W3C validator:

Line 9, column 0:
  ^
Error: start tag was here

Line 10, column 6:
  </head>
        ^
Error: end tag for "META" omitted, but its declaration does not permit this

What's wrong?  META generalise syntax is <META NAME="Description"
content="x"> and <META NAME="Keywords" content="x">.  META information
reside within <HEAD></HEAD>.

Thnk for your help.

AW