Another common problem to include in the FAQ?

From: Shannon Jacobs <SHANEN@jp.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:42:15 -0500 (EST)
To: liam@htmlhelp.com
Cc: www-validator@w3.org, shanen@acm.org
Or maybe the answer is just so obvious I can't see it? Problem is with
messages like:

Line 21, column 110:
  ... ://w3.jp.ibm.com/apto/vitality/common.js"></SCRIPT>
                                                        ^
Error: end tag for element "SCRIPT" which is not open

Line 23, column 6:
  </HEAD>
        ^
Error: end tag for element "HEAD" which is not open

I can look in the file and see the elements which it says are not open, and
there is no comment or error associated with those opening tags. My current
guess is that some intervening error is causing the problem, except for the
problem that there are no intervening statements in some cases. For
example, in the first example above, that's a SRC= reference without any
statements... Just one script tag, nothing, and then the closing script
tag.

Shannon Jacobs, Technical Editor
APTO 人事・技術プログラム推進 (LAB-X19)
Notes email: Shannon Jacobs/Japan/IBM@IBMJP