Re: http://validator.w3.org/check/referer redirecting to document root

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 03:42:23 +0000 (GMT)
To: Ken Cotterill <ken@me.com.au>
cc: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>, www-validator@w3.org
On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Ken Cotterill wrote:

> The referer (HTTP_REFERER) is being sent.

Perhaps a temporary condition somewhere on the 'net caused your requests
to be routed via a proxy that stripped the referrer information?

> As stated, I tested this with a variety of browsers

If it's a proxy, then nothing under your control will affect the results.

> You're welcome to check the XHTML code at the bottom of my home page

Congratulations on the first valid/Strict page I've ever found to be
*totally* illegible (due to print that's too small to read at all).
Of course, since you've done your presentation the Right Way, I can
read it simply by disabling your stylesheet.

--
Nick Kew