Re: Trouble accessing a Custom .dtd

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:36:35 +0000 (GMT)
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: "Brian P. Giroux" <bgiroux@crosswinds.net>, www-validator@w3.org
> > | Error: could not get "/HTML401-strictplus.dtd" from
> > | "bipolarworld.vianet.ca" (reason given was "File Not Found")
>
> It seems to work fine with the WDG validator, which supports name-based
> virtual hosts when fetching DTDs.

This was on ciwah a couple of days ago.  Jan Roland Ericsson found his
mistake (a simple typo in the DTD), which is now fixed.

Of the validators, only Page Valet in normalising mode gave any useful
error message.  Unfortunately I can't claim credit for that, because
it's a side-effect of a bug that's to-be-fixed :-(  Code Valet makes
a better job of it.

--
Nick Kew