Re: $NKF

From: Mike Holladay <mholladay@netopia.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 16:55:10 -0500 (EST)
To: <duerst@w3.org>, <www-validator@w3.org>, <link@tss.no>
I am trying to get the W3C validator to work on a linux machine behind a firewall.

I am so close, but check-script won't work without the $NKF /usr/bin/nkf.

I don't need to do any translations, but it looks like I need this file.

I can't find any mention of this anywhere!

I have tried to comment out all references to $NKF in the check-script,
but this leads to other problems.

I have the traceroute, the standard test-cgi, and the stats/referers scripts to run,
but no luck on check-script.

If i use the upload function, it writes the original  file to the /tmp directory, but the check-script fails.

I can't get past the $NKF, do you know where to get this at, or what I need to do to disable
it so I can finish working the other kinks out.

Thanks,

Michael Holladay
mholladay@netopia.com