Re: Can someone please explain that error

On Wednesday 2001-01-31 Orso Grigio (grizzly@worldonline.it) wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Dirk Foersterling wrote:
>
> >                <UL>
> >                   ^
> >                Error: document type does not allow element "UL" here;
> Sometimes i got that error too, but generally the real cause is "missing

[snip]

Well, this doesn't seem to cause the error. I tried adding <P> <DIV> and
<BLOCKQUOTE>, but then these tags are causing the error, too.

I fed another page into the validator, where the unordered list wasn't
placed within <P></P> or <DIV></DIV>. The validator didn't notice that.

  -dirk

--
                   D i r k   F "o r s t e r l i n g
  milliByte@gmx.net  ********  http://www.DeathsDoor.com/milliByte/