Re: Your Validator Site

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:28:05 -0500 (EST)
To: Richard Bonner <ak621@chebucto.ns.ca>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Richard Bonner wrote:

>    I do have one question though: When using the "html version 4"
> selection, it says certain elements are not allowed in that version.
> Howewver, the text/reference book I have does teach them. Has something
> changed in version 4 since my book came out? The title and year are:
> "Learn HTML in a Weekend" (1998).

Some sample HTML would help to say for sure, but I'd guess that either the
book is incorrect or you're specifying an HTML 4 Strict DOCTYPE while
using HTML 4 Transitional or Frameset features.

See <http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/doctype.html> for more
information on choosing a DOCTYPE.

--
Liam Quinn