Re: Installing a local copy of Validator

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:17:40 +0000 (GMT)
To: John Murdie <john@cs.york.ac.uk>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, John Murdie wrote:

> I'd like to install a local copy of Validator to be used for checking
> web pages we must not make visible to the outside world. I'm quite
> experienced at installing things with the minimum instructions - but I
> prefer there to be more than the minimum!

It hasn't really been much packaged.

You do have some more options: try the WDG validator (also needs some
work) or Liam's shareware validator (which I assume is much more
packaged).  Or I'd do the work for you on a commercial basis.

> So, has anyone got any installation instructions for Validator? If no
> one has, I'll do the necessary trial-and-error of installation and try
> to write some myself.

That could be a useful exercise.  Given your starting-point, it might
well be more useful for you to make notes than for someone starting
out already familiar with the software.

Regards,

--
Nick Kew

Site Valet - the essential service for anyone with a website.
<URL:http://valet.webthing.com/>