Re: meta question

On 19.08.01 at 13:33, JAMESICUS@aol.com wrote:

>I do believe you can download the text of the W3C page for your private
>viewing without violating copyright. Check out the following URI for
>general copyright information .....
>
>10 Big Myths about copyright explained
>http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html
>
>...... and, for more precise information in this regard, contact the W3C
>via their home page.

Without claiming to speak for the W3C in any way shape or form, and with
the disclaimer IANAL ("I Am Not A Lawyer"):

You can download that, and any other, page at w3.org and munge it to your
heart's content provided you do not re-publish it. You can even do a lot
more under international copyright law, but the specifics begin to get a
bit complicated after a while. Brad's most excellent FAQ above should give
you the general idea. In particular, you would probably be interested in
the concept of "Fair Use" in this case.