Re: Xhtml /CSS validator- umlaut problem

From: §ee†hing¹³ <Seething13@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 23:04:51 -0400 (EDT)
To: cwdjrx@webtv.net
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Very interesting to find anther person being hosted at wtv-zone.com on
the list here! (my site is also hosted there, though I have a domain
name) I do believe that your problem MAY be that the zone's charset is
not one that supports that character. I do not know what Larry has the
charset set as, and I too, am curious as to what it might be. All I can
suggest is this. Try adding the correct charset into your pages using a
meta tag in your head. (or maybe you could email the sysadmin, Larry, at
Iceman@wtv-zone.com and ASK him what charset he uses for the server)

Oh, and one other thing, you speak of XHTML, yet your pages calls
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"> are you currently in
the process of converting from HTML 4.01 to XHTML 1.0?

Regards,

Seething
http://www.seething13.com