Re: Xhtml /CSS validator- umlaut problem

From: <cwdjrx@webtv.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:49:05 -0500 (CDT)
To: L.Wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk (Lloyd Wood)
Cc: derhoermi@gmx.net (Bjoern Hoehrmann), www-validator@w3.org
  I am using two editors, but both give the same problems with umlauts.
The first edtor is on the main frames of the Microsoft WebTV service.
The WebTV box itself has only a small  cache memory; it uses the  MS
WebTV main frames for editing, etc.
  The second editor is at the wtv-zone service. They are a pay service
that supplies web page space, editors, etc. They have their own main
frames that are not related to WebTV.
  The WebTV page builder and editor is designed for very simple
operation . The wtv-zone file editor is set up like that on most PC's ,
and you can type in everything from the DOCTYPE to the closing html.
  Thus the two editors likely are quite different.I had experience with
large main frames at work before I retired.
 The WebTV service supplies my home needs for now. Should I need to do
serious data storage or number crunching, then I would have to buy a PC.